2014 Catch-Up and 2015 Progress Updates


Again, it's been a long-time coming for an update but here is the 2014 catch-up post and things to look forward to in 2015. This blog is actually getting a lot of views each day even when I'm not posting so I apologise for the lack of posts and thank you for checking in.

Firstly, news on Remnants of the Damned. I have Meghan of The Gal in the Blue Mask going through the book as an official editor as I was finally able to afford one. There aren't spelling mistakes or anything like that since the book has been proof-read countless times and I had help from Lisa Davison with the book before I published it on October 9, 2013 so this should be the last time I make changes to the book. Nothing drastic but writing will be tighter. I'm always looking for ways to improve as I'm still learning so thank you to everyone who has stood with me so far.

Numbers continue to grow each day! My book has been out 16 months and there has been over 33,200 sales so far (an average of 2,000+ sales per month) and I haven't really been promoting the book for the past few months, not until this newly edited version comes out which will hopefully be by the summer. Then I will really hammer the promotion and hopefully see numbers rise by the time Ashes of the Innocent comes out on October 6, 2015. I am so excited for that to happen as I am so proud of what I have done so far with the book and what I have yet to write. Feedback from beta readers on Wattpad has been overwhelmingly positive. Oh, how I so prefer Wattpad over Goodreads.

I also have 23 nominations at the 2015 Shorty Awards, placing me #11 for Author at the minute which is fantastic. I peaked at #7 about a week ago. People have been fantastic on Twitter about it and I can't thank them enough! If you would like to nominate me also, be sure to visit this link and follow the instructions to nominate. It would be so appreciated.

In other social media number terms, my views on Google Plus have now exceeded 5.12 million views and my YouTube has over 4.36 million views too. My social media reach has also far exceeded 11.30 million which is fantastic as it grows so much every single month. On Twitter, I've been using analytics to show my tweet activity and the results of the past year has been phenomenal. Since February 2014 to January 2015, the total impressions I have made on Twitter are 854,800! Through the year I had 32,000 retweets and 16,000 favourites. Pretty great right?

Speaking of Twitter, I have had several interactions with celebrities over the past few months. My Witches of East End renewal article on SpoilerTV caught the attention of Rachel Boston who played Ingrid on the show. She followed me in November, sent me a few private messages and she's been incredible! The author of the book series, Melissa de la Cruz, has sent tweets to thank me for my article, and Jenna Dewan Tatum and Madchen Amick retweeting and favouriting several of my stuff. Daniel DiTomasso also sent me a thank you. I also had Eoin Macken, of Merlin and The Night Shift, follow me too and have some conversations with. Other celebrity interactions including ones that have followed me, retweeted me and/or favourited my tweets include Keith Allan (Z Nation), Nicki Aycox (Supernatural, Jeepers Creepers 2), Morris Chestnut (V, American Horror Story), Karen David (Galavant), Max Deacon (Into the Storm), Jill Flint (The Night Shift), Julie Gonzalo (Dallas, A Cinderella Story), Melissa Joan Hart (Sabrina the Teenage Witch), Trevor Jackson (Let It Shine, Austin & Ally), Geoff Johns (Chief Creative Officer of DC Entertainment), Kamala Jones (Revenge, 90210), John Kim (The Librarians), Chyler Leigh (Grey's Anatomy), Jes Macallan (Mistresses), Rose McIver (Once Upon a Time, iZombie), Wendi McLendon-Covey (Bridesmaids, The Goldbergs), Debra Messing (Will & Grace, Smash, The Mysteries of Laura), Matthew Moy (2 Broke Girls), Lochlyn Munro (Scary Movie, Charmed), Sam Niell (Jurassic Park, The Tudors), Chelsea Peretti (Brooklyn Nine-Nine), Freddy Rodriguez (Ugly Betty, The Night Shift), Italia Ricci (Chasing Life), Rebecca Romijn (X-Men film series, Ugly Betty, Eastwick, The Librarians), Andrea Roth (Ringer, Ascension), Amanda Schull (One Tree Hill, Pretty Little Liars), Brenda Strong (Desperate Housewives, Dallas), Kristine Sutherland (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Robin Lord Taylor (Gotham, The Walking Dead), J. J. Totah (Jessie, 2 Broke Girls), Keegan Connor Tracy (Bates Motel, Once Upon a Time, Final Destination 2), Brett Tucker (Mistresses, Thor: The Dark World), Susan Walters (The Vampire Diaries, Teen Wolf), Michael Welch (Twilight film series, Z Nation), McKenzie Westmore (Face Off), Reno Wilson (Mike & Molly, Transformers film series), and Kyra Zagorsky (Helix). That isn't even all of them either but my fingers hurt so I had to narrow them down. And breathe.

So it has been a very successful 2014 and 2015 will be even more of a revelation. In July, I am going to Cambodia to help build houses, classrooms and an orphanage with Reach Out Volunteers which I am very excited to do. I am a huge supporter of volunteering and I'm happy to be actually doing something with my own two hands instead of just donating money. I have a Go Fund Me page for my Cambodia trip so if you are willing to make a donation, I would be very appreciative. I was invited by WhoSay to have my own WhoSay page which is for celebrities only to connect with fans. 624,000 total reach for me on there.

I have some more projects lined up as I am busy with University at the minute as I have entered my second semester. Some exciting news about some short stories I have written so stay tuned. Thanks for tuning in and making my 2014 a fantastic year. Have a brilliant February, can't believe January is almost over already!

Comments