Remnants of the Damned Wins SILVER at the Readers' Favorite Book Awards!


Two weeks after the results of the Global eBook Awards, it has been announced (September 1st) that my debut novel, Abyssal Sanctuary: Remnants of the Damned, has won another award - the Silver Award Medal at the Readers' Favorite Book Awards. The category it won in was the Young Adult Horror category.


This was the Readers' Favorite Book Awards' sixth annual award contest, so I feel very honoured and humbled to be a part of the Class of 2014. I have been getting to know the other finalists through a thriving Facebook group and I couldn't have asked for a better set of author friends. I am learning so much from them every single day and they offer so much support and love that I can't thank them enough for being so generous and so kind. I have met self-published authors in the past who haven't given me the time of day, even when I've looked up to them and they've treated me poorly, but the authors I have met through this award contest have been overly kind and supportive. They are true role models who I happily admire.

So the next stop will be Miami in November to attend the awards ceremony. This will be just before the Miami Book Festival where my book will be displayed to the thousands of attendants for one of the biggest book festivals of the year. I am far too excited to get there and meet everybody.

I know my award isn't Gold, but that doesn't matter to me. Silver is such a prestigious accolade that I am truly proud of it. Silver was a lot more than I was expecting.

Now I can actually call myself an award-winning author. How many people can say that? My book is now featured on the BookAwards.com website, click here. This is award #2 for my debut novel. For being only self-published, my first book and only released 11 months ago, I am so amazed at the success of the book thus far.

Thank you so so much to everybody who has supported me since the book's publication. To the people who have stood by my side, offered me support even when I had my dark days and rough patches, seriously, thank you from the bottom of my heart.


Comments