'Remnants of the Damned' Wins SILVER at Global eBook Awards!


Back in April, my first book Remnants of the Damned was officially nominated for two awards at the Dan Poynter's Global eBook Awards. I made local newspapers The Chronicle and The Journal because of the story, and because of the newspaper appearances, I was contacted by BBC Radio Newcastle to do an interview on the radio show about it.


I got all of that attention and I wasn't even sure if I was even going to place. Gold, Silver, Bronze, or Honorable Mention. I had no idea if I was going to get any of those. What if I hadn't placed for either category - Horror Fiction or Suspense Fiction? I'd be a joke. I was in the papers for award nominations - and then I don't even place? I didn't think I would get an award and I would have to wait until August 17th to find out the results of the 2014 Global eBook Awards.


Well, at the Global eBook Awards 4th awards ceremony, my fate was revealed. While I didn't place in Suspense Fiction, I got SILVER PLACE for Horror Fiction. That was the main category my book was in for so I am so over the moon my book got SILVER PLACE for this! Man, this means so much to me. Thank you so much to the judges at the Global eBook Awards for placing me so high and honourably for Horror Fiction. For it being my first book, I am so proud.

More news to come regarding the first book soon so stay tuned. Also, results for the Readers' Favorite Awards will be revealed on September 1st where I am in the running for Young Adult Horror and Supernatural Fiction. I will only place in one of those categories as a rule of the awards ceremony so fingers crossed I do actually place in one of those categories.

Comments